SPEAKERS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK IN AT THE SPEAKER READY ROOM THE DAY PRIOR TO THEIR SCHEDULED SESSION SO THE SPEAKER READY ROOM TECHNICIAN CAN LOAD PRESENTATIONS ON COMPUTERS IN ADVANCE OF THE SESSION. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU FOLLOW THIS REQUEST IN ORDER TO ELIMINATE SCHEDULE DELAYS.
SPEAKER READY ROOM HOURS:
(subject to change)
Saturday, June 3, 2017 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, June 4, 2017 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday, June 5, 2017 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
Tuesday, June 6, 2017 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
PRESENTATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Session rooms will be equipped with a data projector, screen, PC and MAC computer, as well as a lecture microphone, head table microphone and aisle microphone depending on room size.
- Bring your presentation on a readable USB flash drive as a back-up. We recommend that presenters bring a backup of their presentation on an alternative storage medium to cover the possibility of luggage loss, theft, and/or incompatibility.
- Session rooms will have a PC Laptop. Presenters are required to visit the Speaker Ready Room with their flash drive to ensure fonts display correctly and embedded videos play correctly on the laptops that are provided.
- Each session room will have an in room AV technician for assistance.
- Please note: session rooms do not have hard wire internet. Although general group WIFI is available in the session room areas, it may not be suitable for Skype, streaming, uploads/downloads that require very high speeds or dedicated lines.
- When preparing your presentation, please use standard fonts (e.g., Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, etc.). If you are using a font that is not standard, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation.
- Include any external files utilized, e.g. movie files, in the same folder as your presentation. Copy the entire folder to the USB flash drive.
- The operating system on the session room PCs will be Windows 7 Professional, and software will include: Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Acrobat Reader X,QuickTime*, Windows Media Player, Flash Player, VLC Player. AppleMac Book Pro is also provided in sessions rooms.